M.A. History of Art, National Museum, New Delhi, India1992
Bachelor Degree in Fine Art, Berhampur University, Orissa, India1984
Zervas International Painting Symposium, Paris, France, 2016
- FarindolaInternational Arts Festival, Farindola, Italy, 2015
- Participation at Gabriel Fine art show "Art & Emotion" UK, 2016
- Participation In 4th International Emerging artist Award, Dubai, 2016
- Participation in Art Symposium (Kusadasi, Turkey), May-June 2014
- “Follow The Shadow, Ignore the Light”- Drawings,
The Albatross Pub, Berkeley, CA 2013
- “Body without Boundary” - The Albatross Pub, Berkeley, CA, USA 2013
- “Settling” - 4th Street Fine Art. Berkeley, CA, USA 2013
- 26th Emeryville Art Exhibition, CA, USA 2012
- Giorgi Gallery, Berkeley California, USA 2012
- Art Residency Program, Monastir, Tunisia 2010
- Regular participant of Emeryville Annual Art Exhibition from 1999 to 2011
- Shows at Albatross Pub, Under Ground Cafe, & Sonoma Cafe in berkeley
- Exhibiting (Year around) From 2006 to 2011 at 4th Street Studio, Berkeley, CA
- Group Show: “All About The Body””, 4Th St Studio, Berkeley, CA, 2008
- Group Show, “Three Figure Painters”, Nexus Gallery, Berkeley, CA 2006
- Participated in annual exhibitions of Lalit Kala Academy, New Delhi, 1987, 1988, 1989
- Group Show, “Canteen Agitators”, AIFACS Gallery, New Delhi, 1987.
- Group Show, Kalinga Art Group, Orissa, India 1984
Paintings sold in India, Kenya, Iran, Germany, United Kingdom, Turkey, Tunisia, Italy and the USA
<br><a href="https://lessons.com/ca/san-francisco/painting-classes/" title="Painting Classes near San Francisco" target="_blank"><img src="//cdn.lessons.com/assets/images/tmp/lessons-2018.png" width="150" alt="Painting Classes near San Francisco"></a><br>
At this point in my practice, I am involved in creating art that has subjects which are entangled with my current thoughts, energy, and time. I approach my piece with no regard for any pre-condition. Sometimes I have a lot of things to tell, in limited time, Or, I have little to say, with plenty of times. I enjoy the structure, the muscles, and movement, bending, twisting, and turning of the body forms.
My subject has always been primarily the human form. My figures are not historically based nor do they have a social context. They are purely form; they are without telling of where they are from and why there are there, and when they are. The ideology behind this is neither constructive nor destructive. It’s just as it is.
I am a trained artist with a BFA from Berhampur University, India, and a Masters Degree in History of Art from National Museum, New Delhi, India. A member artist of the 4th Street Studio in Berkeley , California , U.S.A., and participates regularly in the Emeryville Annual Exhibition and other local exhibitions. My works are in collections in the USA and around the World. Since 1999, I have been living in Emeryville with my wife & daughter.